Dial W for Luxury: The W Hotel in Montreal

W Hotel MontrealA few months ago near my home in Washington, DC, I was sitting at the bar of the luxuriant W Hotel downtown. I started a conversation with another patron, both of us enjoying finely crafted cocktails which have become a signature of the worldwide chain. I eventually noted to my new companion that I was reviewing the hotel and would like his feedback. After a stream of consciousness endorsement that ran on for nearly 5 minutes, he paused, looked up at me and asked, What exactly does The W stand for anyway? I was thinking Washington at first, since were in DC, but then all of them are called that. I looked back, thought for a moment, and replied, The W stands for luxury and excellence. Truly there is no better answer, for wherever one finds the Starwood brand hotel, the accompaniment to each stay is just that, luxury and excellence.

W MontrealThe trouble with having such high expectations is living up to them. In the hotel world, Ive often been disappointed by an inferior extension of the brand. Yet for the W hotels, this has NEVER occurred. Case in point: The W Hotel, in Montreal. Just as I found in Washington, DC and New Orleans, and Santiago, Chile, and everywhere else, The W Hotel in Montreal was magnificent. My check list is long, but I can sum up for you here. Luxury rooms, check. Great dining, check. Excellent spa, check. Amazing service, you betcha. In fact, after a visit to the spa, I was led to the bar for a string of stellar cocktails, something I always take the time to do at The W Hotel. I dont know how they find such excellent mixologists, but they always do. When Id had one too many, I slept peacefully in my quiet, well-appointed suite. It all proved to me that The W Hotel in Montreal, just like all the rest, once again stands for luxury and excellence.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A luxury trip to Machu Picchu

Guide to Swahili street slang in Stone Town, Zanzibar

Interview with Kerstin Brand, Director at Dar Fakir